Why is the Cortland County Teacher Center sponsoring seats for ONLINE LETRS training?
- Your Teacher Center is dedicated to empowering teachers to become highly skilled in supporting the ongoing, in-district LETRS learning of peers.
Who can apply?
- Teachers in Cortland County Teacher Center consortium districts (Cortland, Homer, Marathon, McGraw, ST. Mary’s) who have verifiable attendance at 6 full days of LETRS training, Units 1-4 or 5-8 coordinated during the 2019-20 school year.
How many seats are available?
- There are 10 Online licenses are available.
What is expected of the online participant?
- Prerequisite: In progress or completion of units 1-4 before requesting Online LETRS 1-4.
- Complete all exercises presented in the online coursework.
- Complete June progress update and all learning evaluations provided by Teacher Centers.
- Support continuous peer growth and learning within your district.
How much time is involved to complete each online unit?
- The online learning time commitment for units 1-4 averages roughly 12-15 hours per unit.
- All online units must be completed within 1 year of the in-person unit training.
How many CTLE hours will be received?
- For the online portion alone, the participant will receive 50 CTLE credits per every 4 units completed with a passing score. Credits are awarded on an all or none basis. So, to receive any credit, all work must be completed, and passing assessment scores achieved.
*First pass Unit Scores of 88 or above on all post assessments provide eligibility for facilitator status by LETRS Publisher, Voyager Sopris. Teachers who reach this level of achievement will be offered priority in becoming paid facilitators for providing continued LETRS learning opportunities next year.
- There is no pay provided for this volunteer online learning/training opportunity.
How do I register? Registration is now closed.