TITLE: Teacher Center Director
STATUS: Part Time (10-12 Hours/Week)
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2015–16 School Year
The Director is responsible for serving the teachers in constituent districts by coordinating and managing all aspects of the Teacher Center operations including grant and budgeting, professional development, and networking and collaboration at the state and regional levels.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective leadership and supervision of colleagues
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of government mandates and current events impacting teachers
- Experience using modern digital office including: email, spreadsheet, and word processing programs, social networking sites, and document sharing tools
- Familiarity with strategies for effective public relations
- Sensitivity to diverse challenges of the teaching profession
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Minimum of 5 years as a PreK-12 classroom teacher
- Prior experience with and knowledge of models for professional development delivery and assessment
Consideration: Currently one director has been serving three area Teacher Centers: Cortland County, Dryden, and Lansing–Groton. Please note the Center(s) for which you are interested in applying.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than May 15, 2015 to:
Teacher Center Policy Board President
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please Note: This position is available for the 2015-2016 school year contingent on NYS legislative funding